At Stellar Creative Lab we are a culture that is creative. We are a home for your talent. We hire stars – work with the best in the industry. Work with Us.
Do you love, live and breathe Marvel?
Stellar Creative Lab is hiring top talent for a New Streaming Series for Marvel Studios.
We are looking for a FX Artist who wants to bring their talent and excitement of making characters come to life; FX such as cloth, fur and hair simulation to name a few. FX Artist are responsible for character’s simulation stages; ensuring the assets are simulation ready as well so doing simulation work on shots. Working with Rigging, Grooming and Animation artists they contribute to the design and implementation of tools and techniques that empower artists to work efficiently by making difficult tasks easy and by making easy tasks fast. Communication and collaboration is key from design to development working within an agile environment.
Your Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and collaborate with other artists to create and simulate character’s cloth, fur and hair.
- Collaborate with supervisors and other TD’s on creating tools and workflows for facility use or for specific projects.
- Create simulation-rigs and workflow to help do shot-simulation.
- Do hands-on simulation on shots and meet creative goals.
- Able to balance feature quality work but also able to meet TV-series deadlines.
- Research and recommend pipeline techniques or workflows to improve CFX productivity.
- Able to document, mentor and communicate standards and techniques to create production efficiencies for a consistent and high level technical quality.
- Work with other TDs, supervisors and artists to integrate cloth, fur and hair tools for facility use or for specific projects.
- Able to assess and plan ahead to meet team and production deadlines.
Experience, Talents and Abilities we’re looking for:
- Strong understanding of CG production tools and workflows with a focus on Character FX such as Cloth and Hair simulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Design, 3D Animation).
- Experience working in a game engine an asset. If candidate has no experience working within a game engine, a willingness and motivation to learn is essential
- 2+ years experience as FX artist and/or technical Director in the CG industry.
- Experience in Maya’s XGen and nCloth frameworks.
- Proficient knowledge of Maya, Houdini, Linux and Python strongly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and analyze production procedures with a non-traditional approach to problem solving.
- Working experience with other grooming frameworks such as Yeti, or Shave and Haircut, is a plus.
- Eligible to work in BC.
Some More Details:
- English required
- This position is a project-based, full-time position
- Salary: $63,000 to $72,000 annually (to be negotiated)
- Competitive benefits package included
- View the job posting on our website at https://stellarcreativelab.applytojob.com/apply/X438UYa7hk/Houdini-FX-Artist-Mid-Level
- For more information, please contact email@example.com
- The Studio address is 2nd floor – 1128 Homer Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 2X6
- This is a hybrid position.
Live in Squamish? Kelowna? Vancouver Island? Somewhere in BC with a great internet connection? We can work with that! Stellar Creative Lab encourages artists to work where they live and love where they work. Join us – we have some amazing opportunities.
In response to the COVID – 19 pandemic, Stellar Creative Lab is able to offer the following benefits:
- the option to work at the studio as well as remotely across British Columbia
- ongoing health and safety training
- support for your ergonomic workspace at home