Division: Global BC
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Burnaby, BC
About the Role
Global BC is looking for one Full time Automated Control Room Director to join Global BC’s news production department. This position will report to the Operations Manager and is a Group 4 position under the current collective agreement.
- Contribute to and lead the control room production of Global News programming via the operation of the MOSART automated control room application
- Checking MOSART rundowns for air, making changes in production fonts, MOSART commands in ENPS and Open Media as required
- Technical initialization, operation and facilities checks for camera robotics, video switchers, audio boards, character generators, teleprompters, etc.
- Collaborate and communicate with Global News Editorial staff on presentation and distribution of content
- Other duties as assigned
- Shifts may involve working late nights, early mornings or regular weekends, as well as other shifts as required. *NOTE: Some shifts (including overnights) start or end when there is no public transportation.
What We Need From You:
- Degree of diploma in Broadcast Technology from a recognized institution
- Minimum 5 years network control room or related experience
- Comprehensive computer knowledge, including knowledge of leading edge Newsroom management systems (i.e. Open Media, ENPS, MOS workflows via various production tools)
- Must have good technical knowledge, including knowledge of switcher capabilities, editing capabilities, graphic and font department capabilities, audio capabilities, and camera robotics, so as to help organize the work flow during the shift
- Self-starter and a team player with good communication skills and a positive attitude
If You Have the Following…We Want to Hear From You!
- Experience with automated control room operations is an asset
- Working knowledge of how major news organizations are employing a wide range of digital platforms and formats
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people’s lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you’ll feel it. You’ll see it in action.
You’ll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You’ll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You’ll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day – Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique – and amazing – place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.