Champlain Media is a dynamic international television distribution company with offices in Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto, Los Angeles and London. Champlain Media leads the way in the development, financing, production and distribution of high-quality TV programming, and is one of the largest suppliers in the niche of highly commercial TV movies and series.
Champlain Media’s development division, Digital Pen Productions, is looking for an energetic and talented Business Affairs Coordinator to join its fast-paced, busy business affairs team. This person will be an integral team member supporting the administrative business needs of the development pipeline.
Reporting to the Manager of Business Affairs, Development, this individual will be responsible for overseeing and administering various development-related business affairs activities for a dedicated slate of television movie productions, including but not limited to:
– Initiate and draft writing agreements for all development projects, including liaising with agents/reps, drafting revisions as needed, and following the process to completion;
– Draft and complete chain of title licenses for all greenlit movies (Canada and US);
– Oversee and ensure timely payment of all writer fees in development with accounting team, liaising with development executives, writers and agents/reps, as needed;
– Liaising with development executives, production, finance, and others, to ensure complete chain of title records, timely turnaround of payments and rights contracts, and procure approvals as needed;
– Various tracking/organization for themselves, the department and the Manager, ensuring accuracy and up to date collection and distribution of data;
– Follow and contribute toward improving “best practices”, as well as creative problem solving and troubleshooting on day-to-day business affairs-development matters.
Who You Are
– You have a passion for both sides of the industry – creative and business!
– An understanding of legal documents and experience reading and drafting various types of contracts
– You have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
– Highly reliable, with the ability to self-manage, problem solve and exercise excellent judgement
– Able to excel in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment
– Excellent professional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
– A positive contributor and collaborative team member, with a strong commitment to learning and excellence.
Benefits & Perks
– Language Classes
– Fitness and Wellness reimbursement
– Story-by incentive
– Employee recognition program
– Time-off and contribution for charity