Knowledge Network is seeking development proposals from British Columbia’s Indigenous, Black, and People of Colour (IBPOC) documentary producers. Our programming priorities are for documentaries on arts, culture, history and social issues. Format can be feature length (90-minutes), one-hour or half-hour one offs. We will provide development funding for 1 documentary project with a BPOC producer and 1 documentary project with an Indigenous producer. The goal is to move these projects into production the following year. Support will be in the form of a development fee as well as an allocation from Knowledge Network’s CMF Development Envelope.
Eligibility Criteria for the Applicant:
- For the purposes of this initiative IBPOC refers to the following groups;- Indigenous peoples to Canada (i.e., First Nations, Inuit and Métis);- Racialized Communities (i.e., Black People and People of Colour);
- Must be a for-profit incorporated production company;
- 51% of the ownership and control of the Applicant company and copyright in the project must be retained by a member of the IBPOC community who exercises full control of creative, artistic; technical and financial aspects of the project;
- Must be based in British Columbia.
We will be providing Q&A sessions regarding this call on the following dates & locations:
- Monday, June 20th, 2022 at 1:30 pm at 10 Acres Bistro (611 Courtney Street, Victoria) for IBPOC Producers (Please RSVP by June 16th);
- Wednesday, June 22nd at 1:30 pm at Jam Jar (2290 Commercial Drive, Vancouver) for BPOC Producers (Please RSVP by June 20th);
- Thursday, June 23rd at 1:30 pm at Jam Jar (2290 Commercial Drive, Vancouver) for Indigenous Producers (Please RSVP by June 20th);
- Friday, June 24th at 1:30 pm – Zoom session for all IBPOC Producers throughout BC.
To register for any of these info sessions please email Gordon Loverin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Submissions – August 5th, 2022, at 5:00 pm
Successful applicants will be selected in September 2022.
Projects will be reviewed by Patrice Ramsay (Executive Producer, Independent Productions) and Gordon Loverin (Producer, Original Documentaries) in consultation with Knowledge Network’s Programming team.
Questions? Please contact Gordon Loverin at 604.842.9809 or email@example.com