Specific Term – 2 Years
All Telefilm offices
March 26, 2022
Telefilm Canada is committed to building a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. The organization promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion, and encourages all individuals to voluntarily indicate if they identify as a woman, a member of an Indigenous community, a person with a disability, a member of a racialized group or other.
Telefilm Canada also strives to respect the principles of accessibility by making our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible.
If you have any questions about accessibility or require any accommodation at any point in the application and hiring process, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job is 100% teleworked for the time being. Once a return to the office will be announced, the person hired may be required to work from one of the above mentioned offices.
Please be advised that being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with Telefilm Canada, unless accommodation measures are required based on a certified medical contraindication, religion, or another prohibited ground of discrimination as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act. (For see Appendix A here for a complete definition of what Telefilm considers to be “fully vaccinated”).
Reporting to the National Feature Film Executive – English Market, the Content Analyst works with other members of the Feature Film team providing support to the decision makers with respect to creative matters on a multitude of issues. As a key member of the team, the Analyst:
- Assesses the creative content of production funding requests within a complex, dynamic and constantly evolving creative environment as well as providing feedback and content notes to the decision-makers on the creative elements of the financing proposal.
- Engage in discussions with external stakeholders regarding creative material.
- Attends screenings for a film’s rough cut and final cut and provides comments/feedback.
- Screens applicants’ previous films and assesses the track record of producers, writers and directors.
- Helps develop guidelines and participates in other special projects tied to content analysis and creative issues. The incumbent will also be expected to take on project management responsibilities.
- Helps the team benefit from industry knowledge by screening films and continually updating knowledge of the market.
COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in a related field;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar position;
- Experience in the film and television industry in the development of feature film scripts and a solid understanding of feature film-financing;
- Knowledge of Telefilm Canada’s mission, principal activities, productions and role in the Canadian and international audio-visual communities an asset;
- Superior analytical and conceptualization skills, diplomatic skills and excellent organizational skills, including the ability to handle several projects at once;
- Expertise in the development and production of scripts for fiction and theatrical documentary feature films.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capacity for tact and diplomacy, a team player;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and the knowledge of French is an asset.
Please submit your application here or go directly to our career section at www.telefilm.ca.
Applicants commit to complying with the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Requirements.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.