The Emerging TV Producers Program provides training and mentorship for up to ten women and gender-diverse creators, with the goal of providing business skills, training and connections to break into the complex Canadian TV production system.
Join us for an Information Session on Saturday, May 27, at 11:00 am PST – Register here!
Phase 2 (mentorship, virtual sessions)
PHASE 1: Foundation Workshops
PHASE 2: Project Packaging with One-on-One Consultations
From Sept – Dec, 2023, participants will apply what they learned, at their own pace, to package their projects for development funding and or industry markets. Each participant will be matched to a mentor, who will review and provide advice on their project.
- Identify as female or gender diverse.
- Reside in British Columbia.
- Are a Canadian citizen or have a permanent resident status, and aged 18 or over.
- Do not have a credit as a producer or show-runner on a produced Canadian TV series project.*
- Have a completed narrative pilot script (30 or 60 minutes).
- Own the intellectual property of the submitted project.
*Telus Storyhive project producers and writers are eligible to apply. If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Limited (6-8 episodes) or recurring series.
- Project should be suited to the Canadian TV landscape.
- Treatment/pitch deck can contain content in other languages but must contain translations.
Instructions and requirements will be released after the information session May 27, 2023.