ICG 669: Established in 1990 with 145 members, the International Cinematographers Guild, Local 669 of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees and Moving Pictures, has grown to represent over 1,000 Camerapersons, Digital Imaging Technicians, Video Assists, UAV Drone Aerial Camerapersons, Still Photographers and Publicists across Western Canada.
The Reception & Administration role is often the first contact of the union, and provides support to its members and staff. This role requires a team player with keen attention to detail, the ability to work independently, and strong organizational skills. Please see the job description for a list of duties and responsibilities.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm (40 hours/week)
Office location: 217-3823 Henning Drive, Burnaby, BC
Anticipated start date: As soon as possible
Please note this is a unionized position. A health benefits and RRSP package is included following the completion of a 3-month probationary period.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Reception & Administration” as the subject line.
Deadline for applications is February 26, 2023, at 5 pm.
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, Office, and Mac OS
- Familiarity with the film industry and databases (File maker) is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact under pressure
- Self-directed individual with exceptional attention to detail and time-management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication; the ability to compose correspondence, reports, and other material using clear, concise language
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet members and guests, direct to appropriate personnel
- Provide general information to applicants and members about joining requirements and membership statuses
- Answer the main phone line and general email account
- Maintain a clean and tidy reception area and supply room
- Save call sheets, deal memos, time sheets, and invoices on a daily basis
- Process phone payments, post to database; enter online payments
- Book, modify and cancel hotels, flights, and vehicle rentals
- Order office and kitchen supplies
- Collect and distribute mail daily, process outgoing shipments as required
- Retrieve quotes for office equipment and services, contact utilities when repairs are needed
- Arrange gifts and/or cards for members and industry partners
- Review and organize files on server
- Create tutorials for general tasks and processes
- Provide administrative support to the Elections and Balloting Committees for yearly election
- Assist the Scholarship Committee with administering the annual Scholarship program
- Organize the annual holiday parties and other union events as they arise
- Cross-train with Membership Services and Assistant Business Agent for vacation relief