- University degree in Business specializing in labour relations, Law, or an otherwise relevant combination of education and experience
- Government Relations and/or lobbying experience preferred
- Experience in and strong knowledge of labour relations and labour law and related contracts
- Proven success in contract negotiations
- 10+ years Management experience working with deadline-driven projects
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret contractual language
- Highly developed communication, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Proven people leadership skills
- Some travel may be needed, a valid passport and driver’s license required
- Actively pursue and maximize signatory productions, and promote Western Canadian Provinces, Yukon and NWT as a film location
- Assist the Executive Board in the collective bargaining process between the local and the employers
- Implement policies of Local 669 within the production industry and the broader community
- Attend union and management meetings
- Handle all written grievances brought forward by Members
- Oversee and manage the office staff
- Liaise between Union and Production Companies
- Report to the Executive Board and the Membership on all pertinent business matters
- Serve as one of the Trustees for Local 667/669 Health & Welfare
- On-set visits as required
- Strong knowledge of labour laws in Western Canada
- Ability to adapt to situations quickly, effectively and patiently
- Schedule and detail-oriented
- Knowledge and passion for the creative culture
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to network and interact comfortably with all others including an active membership
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment under pressure.
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in ensuring the continued prominence and success of Canada’s film and television industry. The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation package and will be joining an organization filled with highly talented and creative individuals who take great pride in the fact that they are recognized as being among the best in the world at their craft!
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Application for Business Agent” as the subject line ASAP.
Deadline for applications is October 8, 2021.