imagineNATIVE Film + Media Festival is seeking a dynamic and creative individual who is First Nations, Métis, or Inuk for a senior leadership role as Festival Director.
- Key responsibilities include sourcing, securing, and planning film, video, audio, digital, and other programming in keeping with imagineNATIVE’s mandate, artistic policy, and selection processes. Our ideal candidate is someone who primarily has knowledge of and contacts within the Indigenous film festival and production scene worldwide, has experience working in that environment and is passionate about Indigenous-made media arts.
- The Festival Director must be artist-first-minded and a team leader who works well through inter-departmental collaboration. The Festival Director oversees the Programming team, including the Programming Coordinator, Programming Manager, and Digital + Interactive team. Leads in the selection and formation of Festival Programmers, Curators, and Jury, in addition to any other contract or support roles associated with artistic initiatives. Working independently but in close collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Salary: $70,000 – $80,000 per annum for full-time (40 hours per week)
- 2 weeks paid vacation + 2 weeks paid time off for holiday closure
- Supplementary health benefits
- Full Job Description
Submit CV/resume and cover letter to employment@imagineNATIVE.org with the subject “Festival Director” position open until a suitable candidate has been found. Should you require any accommodations in the application process, please contact employment@imagineNATIVE.org.