Champlain Media is a dynamic international television production and distribution company with offices in Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal. Champlain Media leads the way in the development, financing, production, and distribution of high-quality TV programming, being one of the largest suppliers in the niche of highly commercial TV movies.
We are looking for an Intermediate Production Accountant to work out of our Kelowna office. The Intermediate Production Accountant will report to the Head Production Accountant and will be responsible for their own movie from prep to delivery. Other responsibilities include job costing, cash flow, payables, cost report analysis. To apply you can go to https://reelone.bamboohr.com/hiring/jobs
* Supervises accounts payable
* Reconciles the general ledger accounts and prepares journal entries monthly.
* Assists Head Accountant with quarterly reports on multi shows for review and discussion.
* Prepares monthly bank reconciliations; monitors cash flow, ensuring optimal levels are maintained to meet requirements.
* Assists with review and discussion of cost reports.
* Performs various tasks – print cheques / reconcile petty cash.
* Performs other accounting duties as assigned by head accountant.
Who you are
* You are detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to meet tight deadlines
* You are self-motivated and results driven
* You work very well in a fast-paced dynamic environment
* You have strong financial acumen and analytical agility
* You have excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to build a positive, team-oriented environment
* You have proven prioritization, time management and project management skills
* You have proven aptitude in dealing with private and confidential information, using diplomacy and tact in all interactions
Job requirements and qualifications
* Diploma or bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
* 2-3 years recent related experience in accounting including job costing preferred.
* Proven experience in taking responsibility for accounting processes policies and systems.
* Advanced working knowledge of Excel
Benefits & Perks
* Language Classes
* Fitness and Wellness reimbursement
* Story-by incentive
* Employee recognition program
* Time-off and contribution for charity