Telefilm Canada is committed to building a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. The organization promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion, and encourages all individuals to voluntarily indicate if they identify as a woman, a member of an Indigenous community, a person with a disability, a member of a racialized group or other.
Telefilm Canada also strives to respect the principles of accessibility by making our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible. If you have any questions about accessibility or require any accommodation at any point in the application and hiring process, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
As a responsible leader in, and champion of, the Canadian audiovisual industry, Telefilm Canada commits to adopting sustainability as a lens through which we work. This commitment is in alignment with the Government of Canada’s target to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Business Affairs, English Market, the Analyst contributes to the achievement of the team’s objectives. More specifically:
- Evaluate financial viability, financial structures, budgets, recoupment proposals, chain of title and risk factors and make recommendations;
- Conduct overall application reviews that focus on the due diligence of financial parties, their conformity with Telefilm Canada business policies and program guidelines;
- Ensure the implementation of financial (commitment) letters and contracts as well as the monitoring of financial commitments within the allotted time;
- Work in a creative, complex and collaborative environment, within a multidisciplinary team.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- University education in a related field or any other combination of equivalent and relevant experience;
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in a similar position in the audiovisual production industry;
- Extensive knowledge of film or television production and distribution/broadcasting is essential;
- Strong analytical, negotiation and communication skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and the knowledge of French at BBB level, is an asset.
The job description has been simplified for this posting and does not necessarily reflect an extensive list of tasks and responsibilities, and job requirements.
Applicants commit to complying with the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Requirements.
All staff members must fully comply with this policy and make themselves available to work from their local Telefilm office, once a month or more depending on organizational needs or in the event of a change in policy.