Big Bad Boo Studios and Oznoz are looking for a Production Accountant in our Vancouver Office
** About us **
Big Bad Boo is an award-winning educational entertainment company that produces and distributes childrens’ content, including TV series, games and academic curriculum currently in over 150 countries on premier networks including PBS, Disney, Cartoon Network, Hulu and Amazon Prime Video. Among its many international awards, Big Bad Boo’s The Bravest Knight, a Hulu Original, won the GLAAD Award in 2020. The company also partners with UNICEF and international organizations, like Save the Children, to provide cartoons and programs reaching millions of refugees across 15 countries to provide support to children in conflict. Big Bad Boo products promote diversity, inclusion and global mindedness. Big Bad Boo operates Oznoz, a multilingual educational subscription Video on Demand Platform.
** Key Responsibilities **
The Production Accountant will support the production activities in the Vancouver office as follows
* Assist in production accounting tasks for animated TV series on a daily, weekly and monhtly basis.
* Assist in preparation of contractor agreements, ensuring all required information is accurate and up to date.
* Process all incoming invoices and reconcile against contracts.
* Ensure that all payables are coded appropriately
* Prepare funder/investor invoices for review based on production milestones achieved in accordance with the deliverable.
* Follow up funders/investors regarding receivables, alerting management of any issues or expected delays.
* Maintain income/deliverables master document for all programs.
* Gathering, coding, entering and reconciling all credit card charges against monthly statements.
* Manage expense reports
* Manage production timesheets in preparation for payroll cycles
* Assisting the finance department with project tracking, coding and data entry
* Assist CFO and VP Finance with final cost report preparation and audit documentation requests.
* Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
** Requirements **
- Minimum 5 years Production Accounting Experience in series Television
- Experience with CMF, Telefilm, and Canadian Tax credits and funders preferred
- Proficient in Quickbooks – online version
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, with an emphasis on attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively under a strict deadline
- Ability to work with people from different disciplines and cultures with varying degrees of knowledge
- Adept at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate within a team environment
- Experience working in a Mac environment
- Strong Skills in:
Excel & Word
Strong work ethic and team player
- Multi-tasker and self-starter who thrives in small, team-oriented environment
- Proficient in Google Suite
** To Apply **
If interested please send link to resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position starts asap and is a full-time, paid position in the Vancouver studio.
Serious inquiries only.
Location: Vancouver, BC.