Kickstart Entertainment is a growing animation and production studio with locations in Vancouver, Los Angeles, and Hong Kong. We believe in the power of collaboration! It shows in the way we work and the fun environment we create where innovation and creativity thrive.
Our team is built of talented people with diverse skill-sets, so no two Teamies (what we call Kickstart employees) are the same! Together, we handpick a team for each project, based on experience, enthusiasm, alignment to our core values and the individual goals of our team members. Our approach allows individuals to experience variety in their workload and develop more than one skill set.
Our studio is located in the heart of Strathcona in Vancouver.
How are we Working?
In Vancouver, we are currently piloting a program called Flexwork. This program provides our Team 3 different options for how they want to work that range from full time in the studio all the way to fully remote. We will focus on having teams meet in person in our studio for specific connection meetings, working sessions and events. Together we will be creating processes, workflows, and a culture that supports hybrid and flexible working while driving productivity, building connection, belonging, trust, and alignment
We are looking for two Interns to join our Production Internship Program!! This program is a paid three month program where you will get training and hands-on experience in the world of animation production!
At the end of the internship there will be an opportunity for a full-time role to join our team as Junior Production Coordinator for those who hit the key performance indicators for the role!
This will be a paid internship that will be 4 days a week in the studio at a rate of $500/week.
The ideal candidates will have a passion for project management in the animation industry and are eager to learn about all aspects of coordinating an animation production.
In your time as intern, you will learn how our animation studio operates through our phases of animation production incorporating different learning styles and hands-on experience.
While we currently have flex work options, this is an in-studio role. We would love to get you into our studio to work side-by-side with our production team paired with some people who you will connect remotely from the studio.
- Completing the training as scheduled.
- Participate in 1-on1 meetings with production staff.
- Shadow various production staff.
- Assist in various tasks, including file archiving, note taking and documentation, implementing data into production schedules and tools and communicating with the team.
- Take concise notes during production meetings to provide team members insight into discussions and communicate project needs.
- Be open to the fast-paced nature of the animation studio by jumping into different tasks as they are assigned.
- A passion for production management, coordination and animation
- Pursuing a career in production coordination.
- Living in the Greater Vancouver area
- An interest in learning
- A motivated self-starter and go-getter, ready to ask for another task once one is complete
- Working knowledge of Google Drive and file management
- Great communication skills, especially in an hybrid environment
- Be highly collaborative and a team supporter.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge of ShotGrid is a plus but not needed.
At Kickstart we understand that experience can come in many forms, you may not meet all the requirements and that is ok! We pride ourselves in adding new perspectives to the team, so if your experience is close to the requirements, we encourage you to apply.
Having the experience and skills is one part of being considered for joining the Kickstart. We are looking for people who are aligned with and will grow our Core Values and are just as passionate about and dedicated to creating a workplace that values inclusion, personal growth and community as much as profit. We are globally recognized as the go-to, fiercely talented team that creates outstanding content that captivates people and positively moves the world forward. That being said, at Kickstart, we passionately promise:
– To be flexible
– To be massively resourceful
– To always over deliver
Kickstart Entertainment strives towards creating safe spaces in every aspect of the employee journey at Kickstart, including the recruitment process. We provide an atmosphere where inclusion, equity and diversity is at the heart of how we operate. Allowing everyone to bring their whole authentic selves to work. One way we demonstrate our commitment to this is by providing a supportive work environment and a culture that welcomes and encourages equal opportunities for all employees. Kickstart also accommodates people with disabilities throughout the selection process. Should you require accommodation, please let us know your requirements when contacted.
Create. Collaborate. Kickstart.