Urban Ink is seeking expressions of interest for a full time Production Manager between July 25, 2022 – March 12, 2023 (approx. 8 month term). The Urban Ink team has a flexible work culture; the Production Manager will be expected to work from home, in office, or in person at events, as required. We’re looking for a Production Manager to support our work in ways including:
- develop and manage the Production Budgets, in collaboration with the Management team, and managing production expenses;
- develop and manage the Production Schedules in coordination with the Director, Stage Manager and Producer;
- manage the coordination and execution of all productions and events, including production design elements, in coordination with the production team and staff;
- oversee the maintenance, purchasing, borrowing, or rentals of production equipment, scenery, props, or special effects in coordination with the Producer;
- oversee for the transportation and venue coordination for productions and events in coordination with the Producer;
- oversee the crewing requirements for both Union and non-Union crew;
- overseeing technical aspects of all productions and events in coordination with the production team;
- work to maintain or improve the high quality of production values;
- work to ensure that the artistic vision of the artistic team, director and designers, is realized in our work;
- Oversee the health and safety of production activity, including safety in the construction, installation, rehearsal and running of the show, and ensuring all aspects of the set, stage, audience, and offstage areas are compliant with safety standards.
- Fosters and maintains positive working relationships with Unions /associations and ensures compliance to collective agreements with the support of the Managing Director.
- Fosters and maintains a positive relationship with the Urban Ink team, artistic/production personnel, and colleagues.
You are someone who enjoys details and getting things done. You’re a problem solver, self starter, and creative thinker, motivated by social change. You’re got production management or technical director experience and are open to exploring new ways of working. You have experience in, and/or are passionate about the performing arts and supporting artistic and production personnel. You also have:
- Passion for Indigenous and culturally diverse arts
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Teamwork and willingness to help others
- Proven problem solver and ability to find creative solutions
- A strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Exceptional time-management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office, and the ability to learn new computer programs efficiently.
- Respect and empathy for others
- Ability to adapt and change with a focus on our work towards Indigenizing practices.
$30,000 for the approx. 8 month term, and Health and Dental Benefits for you and your family (after 3 months). Flexibility and/or alternatively hourly engagements considered.
We seek applications from candidates with an openness, respect, and commitment to Indigenized
practices. The Production Manager will be respectful of our policies including Health and Safety, COVID19/communicable disease, Bullying and Harassment, and Confidentiality.
The Production Manager will be supported by the Artistic Director, and work closely with the Managing Director and Urban Ink staff. For information on Urban Ink’s team, please visit urbanink.ca/our-circle/.
How to Join Us:
Please apply by sending an email to email@example.com with a cover letter and resume as an attachment with the email subject line “Production Manager” by June 3, 2022, at noon PT. Selected applicants will be contacted for interviews in the first two weeks of June. Please advise, with your application, if you require any accessibility accommodations or support.
Contact: Melissa Tsang, Managing Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-418-2327