DOC BC/YT/NWT has partnered with TELUS Originals to reach out to media makers/documentarians who identify as experiencing some kind of systemic, physical, or bias-driven barrier(s) to their full participation in the film/TV industries due to their unique complement of abilities.
We are hiring a Researcher who identifies as experiencing some kind of systemic, physical, or bias-driven barrier(s) to their full participation in the film/TV industries due to their unique complement of abilities. Could it be you, or someone you know?
The Researcher will work closely with the Board chair and vice chair to develop a research and engagement plan. This individual is responsible for identifying and consulting stakeholders, creating relationships and a list of organizations, develop recommendations for the best path forward, and organizing a virtual workshop at the end of the research portion.
We strongly encourage applicants with lived experience, from Indigenous communities, people of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and genders to apply.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A researcher familiar with film and the film industry or a filmmaker familiar with conducting research
- Persons who experience a systemic, physical, or bias-driven barrier(s) to their full participation in the film industry due to their disabilities / diverse abilities / diversabilities / neurodiversity
- Experience in writing different materials for a variety of audiences is required
- Experience developing and carrying out advocacy strategies is required
- Ability and sensitivity to conduct interviews with people with diverse disabilities/ diverse abilities / diversabilities / neurodiversity is required.
- Ability to work from March 2022 – December 2022 on a part-time basis
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop a research and engagement plan in consultation with key members of the DOC BC YT NT Board
- Identify stakeholders; build a list of organizations and creating relationships with them
- Carry out consultation with key organizational stakeholders and self-advocates, based on the research and engagement plan. -Develop recommendations for best paths forward – including a brief 10-page report for Telus and DOC on what was learned.
- Make recommendations for next steps with stakeholder organizations and self advocates
- Organize a virtual workshop designed to share what was learned and celebrate the community / communities
DELIVERABLES BY END OF CONTRACT:
- Conduct 10 – 20 informational interviews with key stakeholder organizations and self-advocates (20 people)
- Summarize or record stakeholder interviews
- Develop a draft 10 page research report and recommendations
- Consult with stakeholders for feedback on the report and recommendations
- Hold a virtual session to share report and celebrate the disabilities / diverse abilities / diversabilities / neurodiversity film community
This contract is for up to 270 hours of work, at $50/hour up to a total of $13,500.
DOC BC YT NWT Understands that we are at the very beginning of this work and that as an organization we have much learning to do. We see this as a starting point for dialogue and very much look to the community, and the researcher hired for suggestions on how best to approach this work.
We want to hear from you! To apply, email your cover letter, resume and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: April 15th, 2022