The Sloan Science and Technology Project Pitch is a new initiative providing four Canadian and international creators the opportunity to pitch their science and technology-related film or episodic project at the 2023 Toronto International Film Festival.
Participants will deliver a maximum 15-minute presentation in front of a live audience of industry experts and decision makers. In addition to the non-competitive pitch event, each creator will be awarded $15,000 CAD to help further their project.
- $15,000 CAD award to help further develop the selected projects
- Mentorship from an expert pitch coach
- Participation in a pitch event at the 2023 Toronto International Film Festival
- Access to the 2023 Toronto International Film Festival
- Access to TIFF’s Industry Conference, Business Centre, and Delegate Resources
- A complimentary one-year TIFF Membership, which includes discounts on film tickets at TIFF Bell Lightbox
- Membership to TIFF Talent alumni network
The Sloan Science and Technology Project Pitch focuses on science and technology-related narrative projects. Documentary projects are not eligible.
- Applications are open to Canadian and international early- to mid-career creators with a minimum of two short-film credits or one feature-film/series credit, and a maximum of three feature-film/series credits, as a writer or writer-director
- Only one submission per applicant will be considered