TELUS STORYHIVE is recognizing a decade of support for new and emerging content creators across British Columbia and Alberta. Celebrate with us by applying to the biggest edition yet, the STORYHIVE Anniversary Documentary Edition. We are funding 80 short documentaries with your story and your narrative at the forefront.
Pitch us any short documentary ideas that you are passionate about and get $20,000 in production funding, training, mentorship and distribution on TELUS Optik TV and Stream+. Zero experience is required.
- We’ll be providing 80 production grants of $20,000 to create a locally reflective short documentary.
- Please refer to this edition’s FAQ section.
- More details can be found in the Submission Guidelines and Rules.
- The projects will be reviewed by a selection committee made up of members from the community.
- Please stay tuned for our online Ask Us Anything on Wednesday, January 25 at 11am-12pm PT / 12pm-1pm MT. Register for the online event here.
Your Story, Your Narrative. There are no limits to the stories you can tell.
How it works
Pitch + Plan
Jan 17 – Feb 28, 2023Send us your documentary short idea and plan for your production. Before applying to the 2023 Anniversary Edition, please be sure to read the Submission Guidelines & Rules.
June 12 – June 16, 2023A team of industry experts and TELUS team members will select 80 projects to receive production funding, training, mentorship and distribution support. Each awarded project receives a $20,000 production grant.
Learn + Create
Aug 24 2023 – Dec 9, 2024Each successful team will work with mentors to produce and deliver a short documentary, 15+ minutes in duration, and a bonus content piece 30+ minutes in duration. Projects will be featured on select TELUS platforms in 2025.
Apply at storyhive.com/apply before midnight on February 28, 2023.