UBCP/ACTRA is seeking an Assistant Steward to join our film and television team. In this role, you will be expected to provide Ultra Low Budget (ULB) producers with fair, collaborative, but firm guidance related to the ULB program. It also entails providing polite and prompt responses to members and non-members alike, including the know-how to research accurate information and ask the right questions.
The successful candidate will possess strong administrative and organizational skills related to record-keeping, data entry, customer service, and basic accounting. They must be able to work in a team environment and understand the BC Master Production Agreement, Ultra Low Budget Program, and BC Master Animation Agreement.
- Strong keyboarding skills (50/wmp)
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to learn and adapt to new computer systems and technology
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to deal tactfully and effectively with staff, members, and producers
- Strong teamwork and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to varying assignments
- High attention to detail
- Film industry experience or knowledge is considered an asset
- Previous accounting experience is desired
- Educational background and industry-related knowledge and experience will be considered in assessing applicants in accordance with Article 13.03 of the UBCP/UNIFOR Collective Agreement.
- This position requires a good understanding of the BC Master Production Agreement, the Ultra-Low Budget Agreement and the BC Animation Agreement.
HOURS OF WORK: 5 days per week (35 hours). Regular office hours M-F 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
TERM: May 16, 2022, to September 2, 2022
SALARY: This position has a current annual salary of $73,722.13 plus 12.5% in lieu of benefits and vacation pay. (Pursuant to Appendix “A” of the UBCP/ACTRA/Unifor Local 3000 Collective Agreement)
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: Position responsibilities are described in Appendix B of the UBCP/UNIFOR Collective Agreement.
DEADLINE: The deadline for receipt of applications is no later than 4:30 pm on May 2, 2022
UBCP/ACTRA and the UNIFOR, Local 3000, adhere to the principles of employment equity.
Assistant Steward – Film & Television
Assists the Union Representatives with respect to film and television production as follows:
- Maintains records regarding film and television production.
- Organizes production boxes/files and compiling all production information, contracts and remittance statements for each production; updating information of same; other filing and record keeping as required.
- Verifies performer contracts comply with agreements and verifies the status of membership.
- Verifies all remittances are in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreements, i.e. performer’s fees, administration fees, work permit fees, etc.
- Compiles basic data for statistical review.
- Addresses inquiries regarding interpretation of various Union agreements from production accounting departments and payroll services.
- Handles inquiries from members and non-members.
- Photocopies as required.
- Assists in mailouts, as required.
- Attends Membership Meetings, as required.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Employer.
- Reports to the Employer.