Presented in partnership with Storypreneurs Unite
What is Digital Marketing for Media?
Digital Marketing for Media is an eight-part online course designed to help creators find and engage an audience for their projects.
The sessions are pre-recorded and include homework exercises.
- It’s affordable ($25 per session OR all eight sessions for $150 (USD including GST))
- Learn online, by yourself, at your own pace
- Learn everything you need to create a digital business or marketing plan
- Half of the profits go to the National Screen Institute to help support important training initiatives
Registration is open. Participants can sign up for the course at any time of the year.
Webinar 1 – Starting with WHY & WHO
Learn how to set goals for yourself, your brand/company and your project, and gain insight into the digital audience and how to research and define your specific target markets.
Webinar 2 – Understanding the Bigger Picture
Learn tools like P.E.S.T., S.W.O.T. and analysis and competitive research to help understand the bigger landscape for your media property and to communicate what makes it unique in language that better attracts investment, talent, partners and other opportunities.
Webinar 3 – Search & Discoverability
Learn about search engines and what discoverability means in this context. Learn how to dramatically increase the chances of your project getting found online through semantic search engine optimization (SSEO) and other tactics, and how to tap into the power of language and data provided by online search tools.
Webinar 4 – Social Media, Engagement & Story
Learn how to be more strategic about your project’s social media presence and how to use your social storytelling skills to grow and engage your audience.
*NEW* 5 – Other Ways to Promote and Engage
Besides search and social media, many other opportunities exist online to market your project. Learn about best practices for digital advertising, publicity, email marketing, crowdfunding and other tactics as well as how to figure out which ones are right for your story and the journey and roles you want your audience to take.
*NEW* 6 – The Digital Economy & Your Story
While gatekeepers and curators are still an important part of reaching an audience, many online opportunities exist today for direct or DIY distribution, as well as a number of different revenue streams. Learn about digital distribution and monetization and how to determine which opportunities will best help you achieve your goals.
*NEW* 7 – Understanding the Story in the Data
One of the most empowering things online is the access to data, but it can get absolutely overwhelming. Learn how and where to collect the data most relevant to your project and how to analyze this information to further your goals and find digital success.
*NEW* 8 – Putting It All Together
Learn how the applied exercises for each past webinar can be used to build a digital plan that will provide structure and focus for your team and attract partners, investment, press and other opportunities.
The course is created and delivered by Annelise Larson, a digital strategist and former filmmaker. Read more about Annelise.
Annelise is providing enhanced support if you enroll in the course.
- Leave messages in the Learner Community any time.
- Chat with fellow creatives in the discussion boards for every session.
- Complete all eight sessions and get a free 30-minute consultation with Annelise to talk about the course or a specific project you’re working on. Just reach out to her at firstname.lastname@example.org once you’ve finished the course and she’ll send you a link to book a time.
How much does it cost?
- Each individual session is $25 or you can purchase all eight sessions for $150 (prices are in US dollars and include GST.) There is no registration fee.
When does it take place?
The course is available right now and participants can register throughout the year. Because the sessions are pre-recorded and available online you can learn at your own pace, at a time that best suits your schedule.