Creative Equity Roadmap
Support B.C.’s motion picture industry for Justice, Equity, Decolonization, Diversity and Inclusion (JEDDI)
B.C.’s motion picture industry is undertaking transformative action – both independently and collectively – to achieve greater equity, diversity and inclusion. The Creative Equity Roadmap is designed as a central touchpoint to champion and unite the industry’s JEDDI work through shared foundations, and a common language and resources.
What you’ll find in the Creative Equity Roadmap:
The Creative Equity Roadmap is developed in partnership between Creative BC and Elevate Inclusion Strategies.
The Roadmap was generated as an industry-side support to compliment the recruitment-focused Creative Pathways website project.
- is a starting point, an invitation for collaboration and a contribution to the many important public materials being generated;
- is focused on supporting industry – the creative businesses, organizations and companies, recognizing that employers, labour organizations and industry associations have a particularly important role to play in changing systems;
- is intended as a practical approach, offering a high level framework for understanding the steps required as an organization for advancing the principles of Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in B.C.’s motion picture industry;
- offers a shared language and method centering on Commitments and People Practices by which B.C.’s creative industries may collectively consider and advance the principles of Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- seeks to amplify the growing network of resources that are aggregating B.C.- and Canada-based materials in this evolving field.