Soundstages of British Columbia
From purpose-built soundstages to converted warehouse space, B.C. is home to 2.5million square feet of indoor shooting space, including the world’s first Certified B Corporation film and television production facility.
Studio soundstages can accommodate special effects sequences, large set builds that are challenging for their sheer size, and use technologies that can create the look of a specialized ‘location’.
B.C. has the capacity to service the unique needs of over 50 productions at any given time through its vast network of studio facilities and wide array of technical support, including built-ins and options designed to streamline the production process.
Million sq. ft. of stage space
Stages, 2k - 120k sq. ft. in size
Studios, 5 purpose-built, 11 conversions
B.C. Purpose Built Studios
Custom space built especially for the distinct needs of film and television production:
- Bridge Studios
- Canadian Motion Picture Park
- Eagle Creek Studios
- North Shore Studios
- Vancouver Film Studios
A major new purpose-built studio is planned by Martini Film Studios, and will increase B.C.’s production capacity by 15%.
Soundstages that originally served a previous purpose and have been refitted.
- CMPP and Back Lot
- Mammoth Studios
- Manitoba Street Studio
- Martini Film Studios
- MBSE Canada Studios
- Norco Studios
- Pacific National Exhibition
- RGA Film Studios
- The Ridge Studios
- Whites Studios
Featured Studio: Vancouver Film Studios
Vancouver Film Studios is the first film studio in the world to become a certified B Corporation.
Vancouver Film Studios is uniquely designed to meet the needs of even the most demanding film, television and commercial projects and has hosted more than 100 feature films and TV series.
Owned and operated by the McLean family of McLean Group of Companies, Vancouver Film Studios began in 1987 when the family acquired Northstar Studios. After rebranding to Vancouver Film Studios in 1999, they went on to build 12 state of the art sound stages alongside existing construction mills and office spaces to serve the growing needs of international and North American producers.
Their full-service facility features an array of support services, provided by their two subsidiaries, Pacific Backlot Services and Signal Systems, who are both proud to be B Corp certified as well.
- On-site waste reduction and recycling facilities
- On-site EV charging stations
- On-site cigarette disposal facilities
- Carbon neutral since 2008
- Monitoring consumption and working to implement targets
- Working with supply chain to implement targets for reductions
- Climate Smart Certified
- Under construction of the first LEEDS certified sound stage in Canada
- Installing the first solar array on a sound stage in Canada
- Family owned and operated
- 100% of employees are eligible for health care coverage
- 100% of employees are paid at least the equivalent of a living wage for an individual
- 100% of employees receive a monetary bonus
- +50% of managers identify as women
- 2020 Canadian Small and Medium Business Employer of the Year Winner
- Employees are given 16 hours of paid volunteer time each year
- Facilities designed to meet accessibility requirements
- Hiring policies committed to diversity, equity & inclusion
- 9% of revenue donated
- Continuously supported Collingwood Neighbourhood house for 20-plus years
- Donated $1 million to Vancouver General Hospital Foundation
- Formal statement created to factor social and environmental impact in company operations
- Average supplier relationship exceeds 60 months
Choose your path
Above-the-line, Below-the-line, or Animation,
VFX, and Post-Production
Sign up for opportunities
Don’t miss an alert for
pathways into the industry
Learn about all the roles in