What to expect:
The Makeup Artistry Certificate curriculum is designed to provide students with practical and experiential learning through theory and hands-on application.
Courses are delivered through a combination of instructional activities including but not limited to, lectures, group activities, demonstrations, practice applications and photo-shoots.
What you will learn:
- Perform appropriate skin type profiling and apply compatible products for all skin types and needs.
- Use selective makeup tools to apply various makeup styles based on client needs.
- Identify and replicate the characteristics of makeup styles of various historical periods.
- Implement the corrective techniques for various face shapes to improve balance and proportion.
- Use the colour wheel to select a colour palette that complements the subject.
- Conduct makeup consultations and draw face charts detailing makeup selection, colours, and product placement for a variety looks.
- Apply eye makeup styles appropriate to each client’s eye shape.
- Create makeup design for seasonal trends and specialty areas such as bridal and events, fashion shows, editorial shoots, and character makeup.
- Produce and maintain a resume and photo portfolio of makeup artistry skills for the cosmetic and makeup artist industries.
- Identify and implement appropriate and successful sales strategies for cosmetic services and products.
- Understand the various roles and responsibilities of a makeup artist.