Sim is a leading supplier of camera equipment to the entertainment industry. Our team and services have supported features such as “In The Tall Grass,” “Akilla’s Escape” and “Nightmare Alley”; award-winning documentary “Free Solo”; and hit television series including “Good Doctor,” “Schitt’s Creek,” “Umbrella Academy,” Riverdale,” and “The Boys.” Sim’s Toronto and Vancouver facilities offer the very best in camera equipment rentals, and technical expertise available today. From full-frame to SUPER 35 cameras and specialty cameras and lenses, we’ve got you covered.At Sim, we use our creative and technical talent to advance meaningful solutions for the entertainment industry. A crucial part of our purpose is to foster diversity and inclusion by celebrating individuality, as well as encouraging our teams to engage authentically with each other and our greater community. Be sure to check us out on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn at @simcamera.
At Sim, we believe passionately that a diverse and inclusive company makes for a more innovative, engaged, and happy team. While we still have work to do, we are continuing to reshape Sim’s culture to allow us to create from a wider palette of experience and insight, which will enable us to thrive beyond current boundaries.
Our initial goals and strategy:
- All job postings include the DEI message.
- Launching a training program for hiring managers to learn our DEI philosophy as well as understanding unconscious bias, new sourcing practices, etc.
- We have removed unnecessary barriers to entry such as college degrees when possible.
- DEI questions are now incorporated into exit interviews to learn from and improve upon other’s experience.
- Continually developing our education program, a weekly series that explores race, LGBTQ+, gender and wellness.
- Quarterly guest speaker series deliver engaging sessions on important topics such as unconscious bias, microaggressions, pronouns, mental health, and wellness.
EMPLOYEE RESOURCE GROUPS (ERGs)
- With the purpose of connecting people from different backgrounds, our ERGs provide programming and resources to amplify diverse voices, share stories, learn from one another and take action towards a more balance future.
- A platform that provides a safe space for employees to discuss current events, and issues, providing a path to addressing them such as pay equity and the use of pronouns in e-signatures.
- Through strategic partnerships, we give back to our communities by participating in and supporting local non-profit organizations. To learn more about our community involvement, click here.
- Each year, our staff are given a paid off for volunteerism at an organization of their choosing.
- We are working on creating a mentorship program pairing our internal teams with underrepresented talent.