Directors brings the script to screen by guiding both the cast and crew through creative and technical aspects.
Entry Level & In-demand
What kind of jobs are available?
What people who work in this discipline usually bring to the work.
- Good working relationship with actors.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Being imaginative with strong story sense.
- Knowledge of filmmaking process with strong knowledge of department functions.
- Previous directing experience in film or television.
2nd Unit Director
Many job roles in the motion picture industry are represented by a union or guild.
If you see a logo below, the role may be covered by a union or guild. Please consult those organizations to understand the requirements (such as certification, licensing or work experience) to join as a member.