Responsible for the hair cutting, styling and wig application for all performers.
Entry Level & In-demand
What kind of jobs are available?
What those who work in this department usually bring to the work.
- Knowledge of period styles, wigs and hairpieces, cutting, styling and colouring.
- Knowledge of natural textured hair.
- Practical working hairdresser experience with relevant certification.
- Practical working barber experience with relevant certification.
- Previous work experience in a professional theatre, film, commercials or television production.
Hair Department Head
Assistant Hairstylist Department Head
2nd Assistant Hairdresser
Many job roles in the motion picture industry are represented by a union or guild.
If you see a logo below, the role may be covered by a union or guild. Please consult those organizations to understand the requirements (such as certification, licensing or work experience) to join as a member.